Thursday, March 22, 2007

2 Great Flicks with Guns


Watched "The Departed" last night. Great flick and worthy of the Oscars it won for best picture and best director. I like to watch movies before I sleep - a wind down from the day. WOW - this movie kept me completely on the edge of my seat but it was worth the stress on my heart. My favorites were Leonardo, Martin Sheen, & Mark Walhberg . I liked other folks too, but these guys were my were just my favorites. Jack scared me - a lot - part of his job. Martin Scorse did a great job telling the story - except for that closing shot with the obvious in the frame. (Spoiler alert) Didn't need to see the rat. I wish I had seen the flick on a big screen ....gotta get one of those soon. Real soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier in the week I watched "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels".
This movie came out in 1998. It appeared in Brad's tiers of his favorite movies - don't remember which tier but near the top. So I thought - "hell, I am gonna put that on my Netflix list." So I did. And it arrived. I watched it. AND I really liked it! It is a well told story with funny throughout. If you are squeamish - you should know there is a bit of violence in the flick - but it is necessary part of the story so get over it. And I really enjoyed the ending - it wraps things up as they should be! And Guy didn't use a rat in his closing shot. That was a good move. Martin should have followed his lead. shout out for Brad - good one!

0 comments: