Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Magazines

I love magazines. I start to tremble when I am in the check out lines at Grocery Stores and Drugstores. There I am nose to nose with them and I WANT THEM. I am particularly insane for mags about decor, architecture, kitchens and baths. From time to time I will find myself ridiculously drawn to ones on storage or organizing.

Once I get them home, I read them. And read them. And read them. Well - I look at the pictures over and over because really that is what most of them are PICTURES. Glorious PICTURES with ideas. One of my treats in life is a nice hot bath, some wine or tea and a a stack of magazines. Somehow there is great clarity with my pics in the tub.

I let a stack go over the holidays because it was time. But it was hard to say goodbye. Very hard. But I loved them fully. And, yes, I did put 'em in the recycle bin because that is what I do now. Recycle. But I told myself if I let the old ones go, I could let new ones into my world. The Cycle of Life of Magazines.

3 comments:

stacey said...

girl, i'm with ya. one of my favorite guilty pleasures too. well, that and air supply songs. i too am creating the giant robot pile for recycling (after filing some torn out clips into a binder for future reference). awwww...geek out!

heighlo. said...

we need to get together for a magazine swap and some air supply and wine. totally. I too have my own clipped pages in a book of sorts.

maryk said...

if you two move that to the bath tub, this swap is gonna get somewhere.