Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cold & Windy Winter's Tale

Last week when the night time temperatures were in the teens, I took to my bed warmed by my electric blanket and snuggled in nice and tight. I am a side sleeper and this night was no different. Dagny having done 3 perfect circles and landing in a perfect ball with just a few wiggles to get perfectly snuggled in the crook of my legs was happy to share the warmth. Butt to butt we were with her head on my ankles. Newman was curled up just below my chest purring very loudly and happy to have the additional warmth of the blanket. Sadie was snuggled up against my back in the perfect position to stay warm and deny there was a dog and Newman in her space.

I don't mind telling you it was a piece of heaven. My version of a 3 dog night. I was warm and happy and ready to drift off to sleep.

Suddenly without warning, I farted. Loudly. In one fluid movement, Dagny flew off the bed and headed out of the room. It was as if the force of the wind had propelled her from her spot. I started laughing. Dags has really silent but lingering gas from time to time. AND this is the dog that would eat cat-poo if I let her. But I had offended. Dazed and confused she wondered down the hall trying to figure out what to do. She returned quickly because my 1920's house is cold in the winter and the floors are bitter cold. Not much of time for a princess to roam the hallways and pout. Dagny quickly gained her wits and returned to the warmth of the bed. She hoped up and did three perfect circles before plopping down into the perfect sleeping ball and snuggled against me. But this time she chose to snuggle her butt to my shins safely blocked from the wind of a cold winter's night.

1 comments:

stacey said...

instead of "twas the night before christmas", parents should read this to their tots before the holidays.