Monday, December 17, 2007

Fashion Rewind

Last Tuesday I went shopping for the refuge kids I agreed to secret Santa. My friends Dean & Amy were spearheading the movement and it was really exceptionally well organized with information about the kids - what they like to do and their interests. I set aside Tuesday am to get the shopping done. I knocked off my shopping at Target and Barnes & Noble. While I was at Barnes & Noble, I happened to come across the Dick and Jane reading series. You remember it don't you? See Dick run. Run, Dick, Run. Well, it seems that Dick and Jane are wearing the same things they have been wearing since the 1950's. Check it out - here. I would have thought at some point in 5o+ years they would have updated the kids' wardrobes and loosened up Dick's collar. We made fun of them when I was a kid and I can't imagine what kids say about 'em now.

1 comments:

maryk said...

as soon as the retro-thing is fully gone, then they'll change them to 80's clothes.
in fact, i'm surprised they haven't done a whole series of dick and jane from different eras?

if i knew what to do with some of my ideas, i'd be a freaking millionaire. ask me about my brilliant idea for a novelty bath item. i don't think i can write it here. but...millionaire, i tell you.