Thursday, October 25, 2007

Waiting

I am waiting for Lowe's to call and tell me when they are going to deliver my washer & dryer so that I can wait for them to deliver the machines. Hurry up so I can wait some more. And then do a lot of laundry. It is chilly today. I know because the dog has told me. Suddenly the floor is too cold for her and she is at the end of my bed. Now I need to do laundry more than ever.

So I stumbled upon a blog with some stuff that if fun to read and stuff you probably don't know and you probably don't need to know...but what the hell. It is something fun to read.

The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary,is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.The only other word with the same amount of letters ispneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.

The longest place-name still in use Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwenuakitanatahu, a New Zealand hill.
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

Alfred Hitchcock didn’t have a belly button.It was eliminated when he was sewn up after surgery.
Donald Duck’s middle name is Fauntleroy.
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

The Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.
There are more but you can go to the site yourself and keep reading. I am too busy waiting to just keep cutting and pasting.

1 comments:

ablebody said...

i would avoid a condom named after a guy who fathered 160 children. bad business.