Sunday, October 21, 2007

More ARGGG!

I woke up after a restless sleep. I knew that I would be shopping for a washer and possibly a dryer too. I started my coffee maker trying to get my wits about me before the great search for washers/dryers. I don't like shopping for that sort of thing because I know that I get sucked into unnecessary things - luckily the doorway dictates a lot of my choices - so no fluff.




After starting my coffee, I ripped opened my mail from yesterday including my latest water bill. My bill was 4 times the usually amount! Now I will be dealing with the water company on the $170 bill. I have searched and see no evidence of a leak.




I dressed and went to grab my morning coffee to discover that my coffee maker had leaked all over the counter top, down the cabinet and onto the floor. Naturally I had cleaned the floors yesterday! Luckily enough I did get a cup of coffee out of the pot. The coffee pot was 9 years old so I knew it was time to say goodbye.




Today - I purchased a new washer and dryer and a new coffee pot. Tomorrow I will brew some strong coffee and chat with my friends at the water department.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember going through this cycle of catastrophe a few years ago - everything broke down at once, it seemed.

Hang in there - this too shall pass.

The water bill thing is scary, though - what if they finally just decided to charge us for the drought?

maryk said...

disregard my comment on the previous post. was suggesting place to look for w/d.

neeevermind.