Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Possum

I let Dagny out this morning. She went completely bonkers with a bark reserved for live things. I knew without looking that last night we had caught our possum. Indeed on the side of the yard was the little guy in a trap. He had polished off the cat food left for him. MaryK is right - they are Cah-ute!

I thought that perhaps there was some great meaning with the possum arriving on Easter Sunday. But I think it has more to do with the fact it is cold out and the little guy was looking for a warm place - under my house.

The possum will get a new beginning today. He will get relocated in a witness protection program where he will get to live in a world where possums are welcomed. I am happy for the possum and his new life.

Possum 1 Newman 2

1 comments:

maryk said...

If he comes back, you will know he loves you.