Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dog Spot - No. 2

I walked by my dog's food bowl on Sunday night. It was empty. And then I remembered I was supposed to pick up dog food. Dagny is not high maintenance in the food arena. She will eat just about anything and I don't think she would even hunt me down if I forgot to feed her for a day or two. Don't worry - she has never skipped a meal.

I filled her bowl with some cat food. She looked at me with her big brown eyes - "IS THIS A JOKE? ARE YOU GOING TO YELL FOR ME TO GET OUT OF THE CATS' BOWL?" I squirt the food with her salmon oil - letting her know - "N0 - tonight is a special occassion". I don't add "You get cat food because I am a bad owner and forgot to stop to buy you your food."

She is completely forgiving that one and gulps the food down in one inhale. For her it is like the best day EVER.

1 comments:

stacey said...

hilarious! i've been feeding my cats from a can of tuna for the last 2 days for the same reason!