Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family Outing

Gus & I met his sister (Little Five, L5) & his mum (Hazel) for a walk in Piedmont Park and our first visit to the dog park there. We hadn't met them in quite some time. Gus & L5 tried to wrestle the entire time we walked. Hazel was just thrilled to not have L5 hanging on her for once! It is amazing at how much L5 & Gus look a like. Their faces/heads are exactly the same except Gus' is much larger. And it also showed me clearly how big Gus is going to be. He was much longer and taller than L5.

I had not been to the dog park in years b/c Dags never cared about playing with the other dogs so there was no point. It is much nicer than before. And it was a huge hit with Gus & L5. There were big dogs, little dogs and other puppies. They ran, they rolled, they played. At one point, Hazel plopped down on the ground to cool down and Gus & L5 snuggled right in next to her like they did it every day. I wish I had taken my camera. But I am sure there will be another time for a photo opp. We are planning on going back. It was one stop shopping for leash training, play time, socialization and puppy exhaustion.

Gus is asleep on my foot right now. And Dagny is lightly snoozing on her bed. She is looking at me and I am pretty sure she is thanking me for bringing home an exhausted puppy who is too tired to bother her.

0 comments: