Thursday, February 22, 2007

Brick Watching


Last night I watched Brick. It was a really good flick.
ENJOYMENT RATING: 4 barks

How could I have missed this one? Great story and I was only slightly annoyed once when my dog needed to be let out and I had to pause the action. She's cute so it didn't detract too much. It is really a great modern translation of the film noir. I am looking forward to future movies by Rian Johnson - this is his first movie and according to imbd he has another one currently in production. I am not going to say too much in the event that you haven't seen the movie yet and I HATE spoilers. I am just saying - give it a chance - put it in your que. Thanks to Corporal for the recommendation - you can look for your gift toaster to arrive in 6 to 7 years.

5 comments:

Bill said...

One of the best films I've seen in quite some time. I love the whole noir genre set within a high school.

Check out The Long Goodbye while you're at it.

heighlo. said...

I have put TLG into my que!

maryk said...

AHA!
found it. we're all bloggers! yea!

randy havens looooved brick.
it's in our queue.

~mk

Bill said...

I followed Randy's rec on The Long Goodbye as well. He's just Mr. Movie!

Anonymous said...

Brick should cut me in on the royalties, what with this phenomenon I've accidentally started.